Hi, I'm Wendy Barth. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, mother of two, wife of nineteen years and - chances are - a lot like you.
But probably what you really want to know is whether couples therapy can save your marriage. Is marriage counseling really worth it? And most importantly, am I the right person to help with your marriage or relationship?
If this all feels a bit overwhelming, just know that many other couples have felt the same way. Nearly every relationship or marriage will experience significant trouble at some point. The hard part is finding the help that will actually lead to meaningful and lasting change.
As a specialist in marriage and relationship counseling, I have training in and experience using Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, a highly-successful, empirically-validated framework for improving relationships. In many instances I see an immediate sense of hope and relief in couples, followed by lasting, positive transformations in the relationship.
Many therapists will offer relationship and marriage counseling among the many other issues they treat. But very few have specific training in marriage and relationships and, unfortunately, sometimes cause more harm than good. Regardless of who you choose, be careful to research and consider the specific techniques your provider may use.
It is not uncommon for couples to worry that a therapist will take sides, or that it’s too late to seek help. Neither is true. Improving the relationship requires understanding the perspectives of both individuals. And seeking help is a sign that you are invested in your relationship and want to make it better, regardless of how hopeless it may feel at times. The decision to reach out is often the hardest part of the process. I will help you with the rest.
I am committed to your success and understand the importance of finding the right fit for you. Please contact me to schedule a free consultation by phone.
Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on taking this important step in your relationship.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy, Core Skills Training - Scottsdale, Arizona, 2016 - 2017
- Emotionally Focused Therapy, Attachment Injury Repair Program AIRM - Online Training, 2016
- Emotionally Focused Therapy, Mastering Stage One - Denver, Colorado, 2016
- Emotionally Focused Therapy, Externship - Salt Lake City, Utah, 2013
- Master of Social Work - Boise State University, Boise, Idaho, 1998
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology - Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Oregon 1991
- Lifetime Member, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Member, National Association of Social Workers NASW
- Member, National Association of Social Workers NASW - Idaho Chapter